<$BlogMetaData$

Monday, November 20, 2006

flat floppy sponge cake

I kind of pride myself on my cake cooking ability. I churn out at least one a week, and with practice they are getting better and better.

Until today that is. Today I attempted a Spicy Sponge Cake. I don't have a good record with sponge cakes - years ago one didn't work so I never attempted another. However today I decided that the wonderful Kenwood Kitchen Chef might make all the difference between a flat flop and a fluffy wonder.

It was all looking good until I poured the mixture into the tin. Before the cake even hit the oven it was practically running over the sides and it all went down hill from there!

This is the unhappy result - a flat flop that ran everywhere.



We haven't tasted it yet - here's hoping it tastes better than it looks!

1 Comments:

At 7:04 am, November 21, 2006, Blogger Robyn said...

I bet it still tastes good. The good thing with cakes (as long as you put the right ingredients in) is that even if they look bad, cake is still cake! Yum! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home