<$BlogMetaData$

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

waddling home

It's been a cold, blustery, damp day. Again. Snow is falling on the peaks of Tasmania. Again. What is it with with snow in mid-November? I love the rain, but the cold? No.

So I was walking home in the wind and the cold, hunched over and wishing I had worn a coat after all. The whole way home I had my arms crossed to keep out the chill. Can't say that it really worked, but I did notice something interesting.

Without my arms naturally swinging to balance me - I waddled. My whole body was thrown off balance and if I'd been slightly taller, it wouldn't have been a waddle, it would have been a lurch! With each step my upper body worked hard to bring itself into alignment with my legs.

Cold and waddling. What a delightful picture.

This is the drivel that daily NaBloPoMo blogging has reduced me to! It's our 10 month wedding anniversary today (big, I know, but some people are divorced by this stage so we are celebrating with dinner and a movie!), and I was going to write poetically about what a wonderful man I've married. Ha. I need a few days to gather those thoughts together. While it remains November, it ain't going to happen. I'm in to speed-blogging now! So stick around for December when I might have time to create a beautiful blog about my husband.

3 Comments:

At 7:35 pm, November 14, 2006, Blogger Robyn said...

Happy Anniversary Can you believe its been 10 months already? Although getting married is one of those "out of time" events, its hard to imagine ever not being married but still seems so recent. Anyway, I'll stop blathering and just wish you both a wonderful evening!

 
At 9:30 am, November 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of these days I might beat Robyn to a reply ;-)

Congrats on 10 months!! We thought we'd never stop observing month anniversaries, but we did eventually. How unromantic are we??

Sounds like a nice night in, especially if it was still raining. Or did you go out to the movies??

What did you watch?

C'mon, you've got heaps more to blog about :-P

 
At 11:23 am, November 15, 2006, Blogger Robyn said...

LOL, eat my dust Luke! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home