<$BlogMetaData$

Monday, November 20, 2006

hairdressing success

It's a bit ridiculous - yesterday I could think of nothing to write, while today this is my third post, but honestly this little tidbit is too good to miss!

I found a fantastic hairdresser!

I've been on something of a hairdressing crawl for a couple of years now, and I'd even come to the point of thinking that I might doomed to serial hairdresser hopping.

I like to walk out of the salon feeling fantastic - whether the 'do' looks fantastic or not doesn't matter, the important thing is that I feel great. That hasn't happened for a good two years. I've tried jumping straight from one stylist to the next, I've stayed at a salon for a couple of months, but no matter what I did, it just didn't work. I always walked out feeling blah.

In despair, today I called a small, unknown, out-of-town (and everyone knows the best hairdressers are in town right?!) salon and made an urgent appointment for this evening. At 5pm I tentatively pushed open the door. Immediately I was ushered to a chair - which didn't even turn on its axis. A mixture of hip and faded hair photos adorned the walls and mirrors while the bench in front of me was surfaced with marble effect wallpaper.

No matter, appearance isn't everything. There was still a chance this could be the salon of success.

Then the hairdresser walked towards me. She was middle aged, crisply asked what style I would like and set about snipping my hair silently.

Inwardly I sighed. What hope was there of a good cut here? And I certainly wouldn't come back to a hairdresser who didn't chat as she chopped!

She kept snipping away, working over my hair with her razor blade, checking if I wanted the fringe shorter, thinning out the mass of hair I am blessed with.

And taa da - exactly the hair cut I was after! Exactly the hair cut I've been after for about six months. Here she was, tucked away in an obscure little salon and she's a hairdressing master! Never again will I judge a salon by its appearance. Never again will I cringe when an older woman cuts my hair! I am so happy - and I feel fantastic!

To top it all off - it cost me $21! I've been paying up to $50 for unsatisfactory cuts, and here was a wonderful 'do' for less than half the price!

Now do you see why I had to post just one more time?!! It was too good to miss!

3 Comments:

At 9:56 pm, November 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cec - finally found your blog. Very happy for you that you got a good haircut!! - AliP

 
At 7:54 am, November 21, 2006, Blogger Robyn said...

Excellent! But my gripe is that there is no accompanying photo...I want to see your new 'do!
BTW I think I must have Blogger dyslexia. 99% of the time when I do the word verification, even if I double check it, they make me do another one! :)

 
At 9:36 pm, November 21, 2006, Blogger cecily said...

to be perfectly honest, I did take lots of photos, but they didn't look so great... the fantastic feel came from the contrast between the awfulness pre-cut and the lightness post-cut. My profile picture features the cut though! But I'm still deciding if I like it or not.

And as for the blogger dyslexia... I've found that too. I thought it was just that I didn't read it properly sometimes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home