<$BlogMetaData$

Saturday, December 01, 2007

nasturtium flowers

NaBloPoMo is over and daily blogging is no longer a requirement (if it ever really was), but as I was privy to a stunning moment of revelation this afternoon I simply must share it with you.

I discovered why 'our' sheep have such a propensity for flowers.

This is big news, because if I've told them once I've told them a thousand times, flowers are not for eating, they are for savouring with the eyes. But no, they insist on chomping through the colourful beauty with their soft little mouths and traitorous teeth, destroying any modicum of beauty in our garden.

Then I ate a flower and discovered for myself just how amazingly delicious they are! I ate a nasturtium flower subtly mixed into a salad Frank and I ate at our favourite Tamar River cafe, Kouklas.

Yum, yum, yum.

This does not of course mean that the sheep can now go open slather with my flowers, but I do at least understand where they are coming from. And since we have half a front yard of nasturtium, I'll be adding flowers to our salads all the time. I might even share them with the sheep.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 4:47 am, December 02, 2007, Blogger Loes said...

I've never eaten a flower yet, although I heard they can be quite tasty. Definitely something on my to do-list!

Funny that your sheep have great taste too :0)

 
At 6:29 am, December 03, 2007, Blogger Cherie said...

Your sheep are quite the connoisseurs! Good teachers, too.

Love the photo of Cecily-the-Model below. Happy about the job situation! Yippee! I'm staying tuned...

And glad the dizzies are leaving.

(You know what, that dizzy flu you mentioned has been going around here, too. Dizzy for a week to ten days and then it goes away. I hope that is all you have. A touch of the flu.)

 
At 9:53 am, December 03, 2007, Blogger deanna said...

Thanks for the dictionary definition of open slather. Cool phrase. Congrats on your successful blogging month, and the exciting job news, and the discovery of flower salad. I'll have to try it sometime.

 
At 7:33 pm, December 03, 2007, Blogger lucidiocy said...

mmmm nasturtium
and flowering teas....

makes you feel like a lambsy divey.

Your writing style is very eloquent Cecily.

You're such a good storyteller.

Tamar hums~

Marsey dotes and doesey dotes and liddle lambsy divey...a kiddlydivey too,
wouldn't you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home