<$BlogMetaData$

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

healthy determination

Today was a repeat of yesterday. Dizzy head, came home, lay around doing nothing, still feeling dizzy. With a few minor differences.

  • I got daring and had someone check my blood pressure at work. Yes it's high.
  • I cried because high BP puts me at risk of having a stroke. (Such a nurse) This is a scary thought. I'm also feeling fed up with the constant sensation of keeling to the left as if I will fall over. I'm also dreading the prospect of antihypertensive medication should it be required. (I don't think my crying and hyperventilation did anything to help reduce the BP either)
  • I made an appointment at the GP tomorrow. Even better, I made an appointment with a different GP than last time. Unfortunately I kind of know him and find his attempts to enlist Frank in his latest multilevel marketing venture somewhat annoying. But it was the only appointment I could get at short notice in the practice I want to sign up to! Hopefully this new GP will be more helpful and concerned.
  • I went for a big, fast walk. Actually it wasn't such a big walk, but it was more than I usually do. I was inspired by my friend who told me about her friend who has quite high blood pressure but manages to control it with exercise. My head felt dizzy for most of the walk, as if I might fall over with every step, but I made it around the circuit of streets I selected.

There is some progress here. It strikes me as ridiculous to know what might be wrong with me but do nothing about it. Even more ridiculous to know how to fix the problem but make no moves in that direction. So I'm lifting the head out of the sand and working towards managing my health more effectively.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 8:18 pm, November 28, 2007, Blogger Mike S said...

I switched to female doctors years ago. They actually LISTEN to what you say.

 
At 6:53 am, November 29, 2007, Blogger Cherie said...

How I hate being dizzy, Cecily! I feel for you.

My dizzies come in the form of inner ear troubles. Thankfully I know how to treat them so I can keep the 'keeling to the left' at a minimum and end the situation pretty quickly.

I don't have high blood pressure, though, or headaches.

I hope you find a diagnosis that is happy news and then a simply remedy.

 
At 8:20 am, November 29, 2007, Blogger Robyn said...

Cecily! Feeling somewhat alarmed for you. Glad you have your Dr. appt today, will ring you this afternoon. I was wondering about ear stuff too....hope you have some answers and an easy, fast treatment. Praying for you.

 
At 3:18 pm, November 29, 2007, Blogger lucidiocy said...

Hey Cec,

You can do this.

(said to myself during my MRI yesterday)

~T

 

Post a Comment

<< Home