<$BlogMetaData$

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

breathtaking


If this blog is anything to go by, spring is taking forever to arrive! I've written about daffodils, increasing length of days, and now spring blossom! Not only will I be glad when spring comes, but so will all of you - then I'll be able to move on to writing about summer!

It really is beautiful here at the moment though. All over the city the trees are covered in blossoms. Just driving down the street is breathtaking.

These blossoms are from a peach tree in our backyard and now that they have been transported inside, I walk around the house in a perpetual state of breathlessness.

(Question - if peaches are peach coloured, how come their flowers are pink?)

4 Comments:

At 11:52 am, August 31, 2006, Blogger Robyn said...

My brain is not remotely functional enough at the moment to attempt to answer your question but the flowers are BEAUTIFUL! Does this mean that you will have your own peaches in Summer? I didn't realise that they would grow so far south. Hope you're having a good day.

 
At 12:59 pm, August 31, 2006, Blogger cecily said...

Yes, we have white peaches (which adds even more to the colour question! I thought of another one - strawberries are red, but their flowers are white!). The peaches don't taste very nice though, so we don't eat them much. I'm going to try and thin them out this year to see if that helps them taste better!

 
At 8:26 pm, August 31, 2006, Blogger Robyn said...

I wonder if you could make peach preserves even though they don't taste very nice fresh? Did you know that I had no idea that those flowers were from a peach tree? I've seen them around here quite a bit but didn't know what they were.
What colour are cherry blossoms? I think apple blossoms are white as well aren't they?

 
At 9:31 pm, August 31, 2006, Blogger cecily said...

I think that cherry blossoms are pink too... I really wouldn't know that this was a peach tree if I hadn't seen the fruit in summer! I just asked Frank and he said he could tell the difference - but not by the flowers. He would have to look at the bark! So there you go. We aren't so flower-dumb after all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home