<$BlogMetaData$

Friday, May 04, 2007

summing up (because I'm brain dead)

I'm too tired to think straight and I feel crowded in my thinking. That may explain my commenting absence on your blogs. Never fear, I shall return. And because I know you're hanging on every word I write, eager to hear about my world, I here provide a summary:
  1. I finished my job yesterday. No more working with graduate nurses. I have one week off and then I'm back to being a ward pleb doing shiftwork. There's good and bad in that and I feel rather jumbled inside. My old ward gave me the most beautiful bunch of flowers, people said nice things about me (I partially agreed) and we all ate cake.
  2. It's still raining. Well it stopped long enough for me to get one load of washing dry, but otherwise it's windy, wet and deliciously wintery. Just not very cold.
  3. We have sheep in our backyard. The neighbours ran out of grass for their two sheep and our yard is full of fat, juicy weeds, so (with the neighbour's permission) we took some palings out of the fence and the sheep now step right on over and eat our weeds. They also gaze soulfully from behind the makeshift fence across the driveway and look totally cute. They will make do as children for a little while. (The difference being that I wouldn't leave my children out in the rain) We've named them Blackie and Betsie.
  4. Amazing what one can achieve when not continually checking blogs for comments or new posts! I managed to resist the computer all morning (it helped that my internet connection was down for a few hours) and powered through an extensive list of tasks. Get this though... I made a dentist's appointment! It's not until 12th June, so I've plenty of time to stew about it. But the first step is made. Yay.
  5. I have to wash the car this weekend. The engine has been playing up and on Tuesday we will visit the mechanic... I would be mortified if they saw how filthy it is right now. I haven't washed it since I posted about it at the beginning of the year. Thankfully the rain is washing all the dirt away. Hopefully it's also drowning all the spiders. That just leaves the vacuuming and dusting inside!
  6. Most exciting of all - chocolate has only one food additive listed amongst it's ingredients. A nice emulsifier that is beneficial. Go the chocolate I say!
OK. I'm off to floss my teeth. (Got to make a good impression)

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 3:52 am, May 05, 2007, Blogger Cherie said...

Brave brave girl for making a dentist appointment!

 
At 4:16 am, May 05, 2007, Blogger deanna said...

Hey, if you're into chocolate and flossing, seems life will balance out. Maybe?

Does "the engine has been playing up" mean it's making a weird noise? I need to study Tasmanian-speak. :o)

 
At 6:39 am, May 05, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take pictures of the sheep! This has to be a sight to see. I have deer in my back yard, but I have no choice. I think sheep would be worth a shot or two, pictures I mean.

Good luck with the job!

 
At 2:06 pm, May 05, 2007, Blogger lucidiocy said...

Yes, yes, lets see the sheep! And the flowers!

 
At 8:32 pm, May 05, 2007, Blogger cecily said...

OK... will do my best to sneak up on the sheep and take a photo! At the moment they jump through the fence quick smart if you go near them. Did take some pictures of the flowers... saddo blogger that I am!

Playing up means... not behaving the way it should be. Children can play up (be naughty), cars can play up (not work), my back can play up (hurt)... just one of those aussie colloquialisms I guess! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home