<$BlogMetaData$

Friday, April 27, 2007

confessions of a blogging junkie

Some time ago Cherie and Sandy awarded me with a Thinking Blogger Award. Thankyou to both for conferring such an honour on my humble, and often rather inane blog!

I have just one problem with all the attention.
No. It's not the attention that bothers me... I love being at the centre of things!

It's just that I'm a great believer in escapism. Well I'm not really an escapist, but I resort to it with great regularity! When life is busy and tasks threaten to overwhelm me, when my mind won't stop playing merry-go-round - what better than a sweet, unlikely movie that momentarily has me believing that anything is possible, and all ends with love and peace? Further, what is more reassuring than blogging? Reading about other people's lives, escaping to their worlds, discovering better or worse situations than my own, forgetting my life for a moment? Not much beats a good blog fest I tell you!

In the spirit of escapism, my usual blogging fare is rather trivial. Not that I haven't come across a few deeper, more meaningful contributions to the blogosphere, but they're all nominated as thinking blogs already. That, or my brain hurts too much to read other thinking blogs.

There you have it. The truth of my blog reading habits revealed.

If not according to the exact rules of this meme, in the spirit of this meme I hereby present two blogs I find frequently thought provoking but also happily sprinkled with froth and bubble.

1. Lucidiocy reviews world events in her clever
Parliament of One. I keep reading to check out her amazing self-portraits and quirky personal insights because she makes me think about things. But as I say, it hurts at times.

2. Recently I came across My Pink Toes, where Leah writes about some of the things I do think about if I doing any thinking at all! Of course that's not what got me in... it was her "Who am I?" page where I found not only Leah, but also bits of myself. Who can resist a little self reflection?!

That's as deep as I can go I'm afraid. Please don't be offended if I haven't listed you. I don't visit your blog to think - I visit to escape, to practice voyeurism, to share your kids, to keep up-to-date, to giggle, to journey with you around the globe. All worthy causes don't you think? So if you're listed or not, your blogs give me pleasure. Thankyou.

OK, Lucidiocy and Leah, you're tagged. The rules are:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).

I leave it up to you whether you keep the meme going! Happy thinking.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 5:08 am, April 28, 2007, Blogger Cherie said...

Thanks for sharing a couple of blogs that will be enjoyable for me to visit, Cecily! The whole 'tagging' thing is sort of odd. I had the same fear of worrying about hurting feelings, so I took my time, too. All in all, the tag post ends up on the Older Posts page soon enough, and is forgotten. :-) And blogging goes on.......

 
At 7:58 am, April 28, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you for getting this done Cecily. Thought you would skip it all together. Thanks for the links too. Just got back from visiting. Nice choices.

 
At 11:55 am, April 28, 2007, Blogger lucidiocy said...

Cec,

Thank you so much for the encouraging words and the compliment about my self portraits. I have to laugh, though, because I think they are so lame! All the cool Flckr kids know how to program their cameras so they can take 'interesting' self-portraits, i.e.: full body shots, actions shots, inventive self portraits that don't involve holding-your-camera-out-at-arm's-length-with-your-right-hand-because-your- left-hand-is-too-weak-to-hold-the-camera-steady-and-push-the-capture button-at-the-same-time shots.


~T

 
At 5:54 am, April 29, 2007, Blogger deanna said...

Let's hear it for bloggers who think up fun!

 
At 3:27 pm, April 29, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the props, Cecily! I have really enjoyed discovering your blog and have enjoyed our conversations already.

I look forward to learning even more from you as time goes on.

Hmmm, now I've got to get working on my "Thinking Blogger" links....are there any touch-backs? :) (That's what we used to call tagging someone right back when we played "tag" as kids here in the States).

Thanks for the fun!

 
At 2:04 pm, May 02, 2007, Blogger Robyn said...

"Thinking blogger" seems an appropriate tag for you Cec! You make ME think anyway!!:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home