<$BlogMetaData$

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

blogging on my mind

I dreamed about blogging last night. Not sitting at the computer typing up a post... this was far more exciting - actually meeting people from the blogging world.

It was all a little weird, because initially Mrs Kennedy of Fussy fame (and the initiator of NaBloPoMo no less) featured strongly in my dream. (Mum, and anyone else who prefers to avoid bad language, please do not try and find this site... to protect your sensibilities I have deliberately not linked)

Mrs Kennedy posts and 50 people dance to her tune with a comment. I can only dream of reaching such dizzy heights of blogging fame - although it seems I can also dream of meeting Mrs Kennedy in the flesh. I met her last night and I was quite chuffed by the whole affair. Fancy her stooping to the lowly levels of the blogosphere that I inhabit! I recall the excitement and disbelief I felt.

Only the children were wrong... my dream blogger had two children. Mrs Kennedy has but one! And the dream blogger's hair was long. Mrs Kennedy cannot grow her hair for trying - in fact she has a 100 day photo record of a recent attempt ending in failure.

My mystery dream blogger turned out to be a woman called Margaret... she had an interesting blog address that featured 'ret' (short for 'Margaret' of course) at some point. Unfortunately it was all a construct of my mind, and I can't quite remember that blog address to check it out!

Hmmm - what does this say about me?
  • I have a rich dream life
  • I have high blogging aspirations
  • I spend too much time blogging
  • I have low self esteem (after all, Mrs Kennedy never did end up associating with me)
  • I secretly long to meet all my blogging pals
I leave it for you to decide which is correct.

Hint: in multiple choice, 'c' is statistically most likely to be correct...

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 11:38 pm, February 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely (A) you have a rich dream life! The mysterious part of your life is trying to surface from the unconscious to the conscious. It shows you're mentally healthy and willing to face your fears. How's that for an analysis!

I don't really know this; I just thought this was a good reason for meeting Margaret!

Maybe you'll meet someone mysterious today and find out she/he has been on your blog without you knowing. May be signs of good day!

 
At 2:01 am, February 08, 2007, Blogger Lauren @ mostly i run said...

How funny ... A few days ago, while in slumberland, I popped over to Austrailia to visit you for the weekend!

In the dream, I realized it was crazy to take a really long flight for just a weekend (in my dream, it was 17 hours, but I know in reality it's probably twice that!), and after I got home, I decided to go back for some reason, right away!

I don't think we actually met, but Frank and I suppose some of his friends met us at the airport.

Anyway, Margaret Mason is http://mightygirl.com/ ... maybe she's your Margaret?

 
At 2:14 am, February 08, 2007, Blogger Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

Saying hello by way of Robyn's blog. That is funny that you dreamed about blogging..but I have too. And I know about the Fussy gal..she is funny, but she does use a LOT of bad language....I am well familiar with her site.

 
At 5:14 pm, February 08, 2007, Blogger cecily said...

Thanks guys - you're hilarious! Glad I'm not the only one who dreams weird blog things... if I knew you a bit better I'd say you're welcome to come and visit for the weekend. :) and hi sunshine daily... I have been to your site via Robyn... can't quite remember your real name (dana???). Phew... I'm not the only one who reads fussy's language.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home