<$BlogMetaData$

Thursday, January 18, 2007

So you think you can read people?

I swear I wasn't going to post today, but this one was interesting, so I'm passing it along!

If you've lived as long as I have - or longer - then you probably think you can read people pretty well. If you are younger than me (Luke), you may also think you can read people well, but obviously your lesser life experience makes it less likely to be true.

So, here I am thinking I can read people well and what do you know - someone has created an experiment to test this very thing and I took up the challenge to see if the reality matches my perception. It's the 'Spot the fake smile' test... and sadly I didn't do as well as I expected, though I did pick the right part of the face to watch out for. By the time I'd figured that out however, I was past half way and had no chance of redeeming myself! In the end I picked 10 of the 20 correctly.

So there you have the challenge - can you read people and spot the fake smile? Let me know how you go!

12 Comments:

At 5:28 pm, January 18, 2007, Blogger Ben and Melissa James said...

I got 16 out of 20!

 
At 5:40 pm, January 18, 2007, Blogger cecily said...

you are seriously good!

 
At 8:42 pm, January 18, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

15/20

 
At 8:47 pm, January 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

17 out of 20.

So much for being younger and less experienced.

Humph!

 
At 8:51 pm, January 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hold on ... double take ... is that THE robynbore?

 
At 12:05 am, January 19, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm chucking a nato and cranking up the comment count. Sorry, Cecily.

Just looked back and realised that robynbore really is Robyn Bore, and the one I know even!

Sorry about the double take everybody :-)

Oh and you can all free to crank up my comment count whenever you like. Unfortunately my posts are less frequent (and arguably less meaningful) than Cecily's, but you never know, it might change one day.

 
At 1:08 am, January 19, 2007, Blogger Lauren @ mostly i run said...

As I was taking it, I thought I wouldn't do well, and was quite surprised to get 17/20!

 
At 6:32 am, January 19, 2007, Blogger Robyn said...

I got 15/20 but in my defence four out of the five I did to try to get my "fake" count up and I thought I was probably wrong - thats my story and I'm sticking to it! Very interesting site Cec :)

 
At 6:38 am, January 19, 2007, Blogger cecily said...

oh yes, robyn I did that too! (Actually a couple of them I thought I did wrong but couldn't be bothered going back and fixing... that brings me to 12/20... and I gave you all clues to look at one particular part of the face... and I didn't want you to feel bad if you didn't do so well so I scored deliberately low...)

I obviously have smart friends though, cause they said most people do really badly... but I'll still make a good counsellor ok. I'll just stick to online sessions cause then I don't have to read anyone's face!

 
At 7:45 am, January 19, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe... sounding a bit insecure there Cec!!

 
At 8:57 am, January 19, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got 16/20. You'll be fine counselling Cecily, especially when people cry, you can make them laugh by talking about Luke! Good luck house hunting Luke. It's amazing what people find on the internet!

Love your tally sheet!

 
At 1:50 pm, January 27, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did this and then didn't have time to comment- I got 16/20!! I knew where you had to look too, and on most of the ones I got wrong it's because I second-guessed my first instinct!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home