<$BlogMetaData$

Monday, April 12, 2010

there's a big millipede in my bathroom

I have no idea how it got there (walked perhaps?), but there is a big millipede in my bathroom. This morning it was behind the toilet. Right now it is crawling along the grout on the side of the bath.

I wonder if it tracked its way from one side of the toilet to the other by following the grout lines. Does it tell itself 'must not step on the tile, must not step on the tile'? Or maybe 'whatever you do, don't step on the crack!'

That would be a bit trickier, with one million legs and all: carefully place four feet over the line, arch the back right up, slide the back feet carefully forward to the edge of the crack without overbalancing, edge the front feet forward until body is almost parallel with the floor but not quite, then jump the back feet over. Alternatively, while in fully arched position, throw oneself over the line.

If he's still there tomorrow (or is it a she... or are millipedes hermaphrodites?) I'll take it outside. I just don't like to touch them.

(all this to say, today was a rather higgledy piggledy day, but there was some progress on the list)

2 Comments:

At 11:47 pm, April 12, 2010, Anonymous 2paw said...

A few years ago we had a plague, and there has been a plague of millipedes in Hobart so I hope they don't migrate.
Rest assured, they only have a thousand legs so you can feel safer!!

 
At 9:06 am, April 13, 2010, Anonymous deanna said...

Funny. Your description is great. You are braver than I'd be. Small millipedes on a trail I can handle, but large one in bathroom? Eek.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home