<$BlogMetaData$

Saturday, November 07, 2009

that feel good feeling

I was feeling mighty noble today for two mighty good reasons.

First, yesterday I borrowed books from the library. A novel idea I know (though only one of them actually was a novel). I always mean to borrow books, but too often my library card is in a drawer at home, or I pop in for a quick look at the bookshop and can't possibly resist the gem I stumble across... and before I know it, that's another book for the shelf.

So big tick for sustainable book-borrowing-living.

Today it was gorgeous, sunny, warm, delicious, wonderful weather so I decided to ride my bike to the ChildSafe training session. Did I say it was gorgeous, sunny, warm, delicious and wonderful bike riding weather? Because it so was. I loved it (despite every Harley Davidson in Australia hooning past me as I tootled along). Hello??? Brownie points in order. Riding.bike. Sustainable living.

It was somewhat deflating when I left Coles to cycle home and found my back tyre was completely flat. There's glass on the road everywhere, so it could be a puncture or maybe someone played a mean trick and let my tyre down. I'll find out soon enough.

In the meantime I'll bask in the glow of clean living.

(Just thinking. Pride goes before a fall... is that why my tyre went flat?!)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:38 pm, November 07, 2009, Anonymous 2paw said...

You are ever so good, very green indeed. I have noticed there is a lot of glass on the roads, I think the Council have downsized their road 'gangs'.

 
At 8:41 pm, November 08, 2009, Blogger cecily said...

I've noticed heaps of grass is long too - some right near our place is so high I can't see if cars are coming up the street until I'm out in the middle of the road!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home