<$BlogMetaData$

Thursday, November 05, 2009

i still have bad hair days...

Time for another trip to the hairdresser today. Actually, it was hardly time for it at all, since it seems like just yesterday I had the last cut, and I love my hair at the moment. But I thought that if I didn't use my not-double-booked appointment today, I would be tearing my hair out by the next one, thoughtfully booked more than a month ago to avoid missing out in the mad Christmas rush. So I went, had my hair marginally trimmed, and came home. I suppose it looks better.

I'm still washing with water most of the time and it's OK. The hairdresser hasn't noticed. Or if she has she hasn't asked what on earth I'm doing to my hair! She certainly hasn't told me it's wonderfully soft.

That's OK though. Most days my hair is alright. Sometimes I have bad hair days when it is greasy and lank and my scalp itches. The last few days have been great, but a couple of weeks ago I had to resort to a quick sodi-bic wash to cut out some of the oil and settle my scalp down. Since then it's been dandy. I can easily go two, maybe three days without washing it (for a chronic daily washer, that's huge!) and the texture is soft and nice.

I'll stick with it for now... still loving how cheap and easy it is.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 10:49 pm, November 05, 2009, Blogger Sandy said...

Wow, I have a hard time understanding how your still doing the hair washing thing. You always find the most interesting things to do.

 
At 7:07 am, November 06, 2009, Anonymous 2paw said...

I'm a compromise no-shampoo-er: I use a bar of not-shampoo and no conditioner. So far I have used 3/4 of my bar since July the 24th. Hurray for us!!!!!!

 
At 7:19 am, November 06, 2009, Anonymous deanna said...

My dry skin condition put me back on my shampoo for ultra-sensitive skin. I began itching up a storm after a few shampooless weeks, even when I washed with only water (if we didn't chlorinate our water supply, that might not have happened). But I'm grateful for what I learned going no poo. I now use a fraction of the amount of shampoo I used to - I work it in just enough along the top of my scalp so that it acts as my head lotion for the day. Since one bottle of this expensive stuff used to last me six months, I'm certain now it will last a year or longer. That's not too bad, eh?

 
At 6:00 pm, November 06, 2009, Blogger Cherie said...

Good for you, Cecily! You rock!

 
At 11:10 pm, November 06, 2009, Blogger cecily said...

I think I'm slightly crazy, but never mind. Someone needs to be a little odd don't they?

Deanna, I can recommend an Aussie brand... don't know if you can get it in the USA, but it was lovely shampoo. http://www.grahamsnaturalalternatives.com/main/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12&Itemid=60

I could always get you some and post it over.

 
At 12:07 am, November 08, 2009, Blogger Stacy said...

I haven't used shampoo in about four years so this was a neat post to stumble upon :) For me, finding the balance of how often to wash and when to treat was the tricky part. I've realized that my hair issues are seasonal. In the summer, I 'wash' my hair every 4-5 days with a water rinse once in between or the oil gets out of control. In the winter, my hair dries out and I only wash it once a week, with 2 water rinses. When it gets really bad, I apply a little coconut oil to the ends and it does wonders. I'll have to check your tags for more info on how you are doing the 'no shampoo' plan :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home