<$BlogMetaData$

Sunday, November 22, 2009

finding a little contentment

So they're burning up in NSW and we are cool and wet in Tasmania. Big country, crazy weather. Who ever heard of heat waves and forty degree temperatures in November? Even thirty degrees in November in Tasmania (which it was on Thursday and Friday) is madness. Funnily enough I haven't heard any of Australia's climate change sceptics claiming the earth isn't warming the last couple of days.

We pretty well stayed indoors and enjoyed the rain today, although at one point I did duck down to the local farmers market to pick up a golden drop of local, first press olive oil. Costs the earth and tastes divine! I haven't been for a while (something to do with it being a fortnightly market - I always seem to forget the fortnight and miss out!), so it was nice to catch up with my favourite stall holders and pick up some yummy local goodness. I drove home feeling all was well with the world, even though it isn't. Nice one.

Here's a song that celebrates some of the good things in life:

Well I can't believe I'm sittin' here today
Picking on my banjo with a big smile on my face
Writin' new words to an old school melody
Hey there ain't no doubt that God's been good to me

Oh the sun is shinin' on down in Launceston
And right now I'm right where I wanna be
I've never felt so loved, so peaceful and so free
Hey there ain't no doubt that God's been good to me

'Cause he put me smack dab in the middle of paradise
In the heart of the city where my dreams have come alive
And everything I have, and everything I see
Is just another reminder that God's been good to me

Keith Urban

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 1:53 am, November 23, 2009, Blogger Sandy said...

Sweet! The change of the weather has seemed to give you a happy heart Cecily. Good to hear!

 
At 4:21 am, November 24, 2009, Blogger Cherie said...

Breath of fresh air here today, Cecily! Great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home