<$BlogMetaData$

Monday, March 12, 2007

10 ways to reduce high blood pressure

I'm still alive.

My head is not quite as dizzy today. It helps to have finished my first Uni assignment.

I am adjusting to the label 'hypertension sufferer' - but I'm determined to dump it ASAP.

Here's a potential plan:
  1. Quit study.
  2. Quit work.
  3. Quit church.
  4. Quit the pill.
  5. Exercise for 30 minutes five times three times a week. If I have time. After working through plans 1 to 4 my blood pressure should be below normal anyway.
  6. Eat four sticks of celery a day. And one clove of garlic. And half an onion.
  7. Eat not just 2, not just 5, but 10 serves of fruit and vegetables each day. Is this on top of all the celery, garlic and onion? Because I haven't got past the chocolate yet today. It stimulates the release of relaxing endorphins and that's got to be good for reducing high blood pressure...
  8. Identify and change the way I respond to stressful situations... slow down, relax and take life with gentleness and humour in order to reduce stress hormone levels.
  9. Drink Hawthorn tea. Interestingly, I have a hawthorn bar from China in the cupboard... I might start munching on that.
  10. Quit blogging. NO! I can't do it! Scratch that one out!! I'll do all the others, but not that one!
Hang on... I don't want to eat half an onion a day... and Hawthorn tea? What is this? A conspiracy?

I think I need to come up with another plan...

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 4:56 pm, March 12, 2007, Blogger Robyn said...

#8 sounds good....and what about cutting back on your involvement in #1 - 3? Just a thought, praying for you.

 
At 4:58 am, March 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see you made it through the weekend alive! Sounds funny, but I realized how weird it would be if something happened to you. How do you say goodbye to an electronic friend?

Good luck on your changes. Someone gave me good advise once. She said do something for me one hour a day, doesn't matter what it is, just make sure it's for me. A walk, read, bike etc. So simple yet, so not easy.

 
At 3:01 pm, March 14, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get those dizzy spells too! Mine are from low BP as I tend to faint as well. Maybe if we stood together we might both get normal BP via osmosis or something. HeHe!!

 
At 3:41 pm, March 14, 2007, Blogger lucidiocy said...

Damn Cec, you make it all sound so achievable, forget traditional counseling, you should become a life coach,

my life coach.

Warmly,

Tamar

 
At 10:29 pm, March 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been a few days now. How is the BP going, down?

 
At 11:08 pm, March 15, 2007, Blogger cecily said...

Hello Tamar - if only I did what I know I should do!

Hi Sandy! Hmmm, since it went up again the other day I don't dare check it again! I'm going to do it once a week I think, and hopefully things will change in that time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home