<$BlogMetaData$

Thursday, March 01, 2007

another boring vegetable post...

I'm sick, OK.

I had to leave work at lunch time due to an aching face, throbbing head, scratchy throat. (OK, I didn't have to leave work, I just did. Sometimes I wonder how people who are really, really sick manage, since it only takes a cold to send me into the land of the miseries)

I didn't even cook tea. (Thanks Frank for honey on toast)

So please appreciate my valiant efforts to bring you this post. I don't personally find my vegie posts boring, but I realise some people do, but it's my best efforts for the night.

I didn't check the garden for two days and this is what I found this morning (before I decided I was too sick to work)...


... an incredible wealth of healthy food.


And we've had maybe 5kg of tomatoes (Mr Stripey or Tigerella) so far! Plus there have been more beetroot, and the cucumbers have been producing nicely.

I still get a thrill when I pick the produce off the plants...

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 4:28 am, March 02, 2007, Blogger Lauren @ mostly i run said...

I like reading about your garden progress! If it came to daily produce posts it might be too much ... but you've got a good balance now.

Your zucchini count is shocking -- surely you didn't expect they would be this productive?

 
At 9:39 am, March 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your vegetation posts have such personality. Never a boring post. Sorry you're sick, I just got over mine. take advantage of the rest if at all possible!

 
At 1:17 pm, March 02, 2007, Blogger Robyn said...

Sorry you're sick, enjoy the longer weekend and rest up! Love your stripey tomato :)

 
At 10:12 pm, March 02, 2007, Blogger cecily said...

I'm feeling heaps better today thanks - went to work and felt great. Quite incredible what half a day off can do!

Glad you like the vegie posts :) I'm so over zucchini and Merry, you're right... we had NO IDEA how many we would get! I cooked what I anticipated to be a delicious pasta dish with some of the tomatoes tonight, but it was a bit disappointing. Too much fresh garlic I think... but the tomatoes were yum.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home