<$BlogMetaData$

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

the end. of nablopomo at least.

So that's it. Thirty days of blogging. I was rather relieved last night when I remembered November has 30 days not 31! Such a relief to be done.

I still haven't caught up on all the blog posts in my head (I actually can't remember what all of them were any more), and there's a few too many verbal diarrhoea type posts where I just blurt out whatever happened one hour earlier. Then there's the duds, and occasionally there's a deep, meaningful, reflective piece. It's been a moderate effort.

I was in two minds about NaBloPoMo-ing this year. I've hardly blogged since last November and I didn't know if I even wanted to keep blogging. It has been good to get back into it, but it isn't all been positive.

A few weeks before NaBloPoMo I decided to try an internet sabbath or fast on Sundays. I was having moderate success, but even with the occasional sneak peek at facebook, I found my head clearing. I began to look forward to my Sunday 'withdrawing', and I became much more productive in many other ways.

Since I started blogging again I've noticed my head feels a lot more clogged - what to write about today? How to say it? What was it I thought of earlier but can't remember now? My brain became busy and I haven't really enjoyed that. I would go so far as to say my stress levels increased - although that's probably putting too high a value on NaBloPoMo. (We are getting closer to Christmas, and I'm crazy busy with rehearsals and performances... that probably has more to do with the stress levels than anything else!) I'm less productive, I stay up later writing and so I've been more tired than normal this month. It might have been good to get back into blogging, but there have been plenty of cons.

So, the big question. Will I keep blogging now? Maybe, maybe not. (Of course it depends how many comments I get on this post. Ha. Not. But feel free to leave a comment if you've lurked this month... I know you're there, sitemeter told me so!)

We'll see. I guess I'll blog soon - I still have to tell you about getting my ears pierced.

(But if you don't mind, I'm going to be taking tomorrow and Friday off - the rest of my life will be clicking into action again now!)

3 Comments:

At 5:40 am, December 01, 2011, Blogger Cherie said...

Methinks you are a fantastic blogger. I know the stress that committing to a month of blogging brings, so I have decided to blog when the mood strikes. It doesn't clog my head that way, it clears it.

I'm with you on trying to limit internet time. Really does bring reality back into focus. A little goes a long way, a lot blurs the real.

I hope you'll keep blogging, Cecily. You write well and your insights are treasures.

 
At 12:30 am, December 05, 2011, Blogger Sandy said...

I have less brain cells I think now that I don't blog as much. My writing has become lazy. I guess there should be some kind of balance, a little here and there will keep the wheels turning. It's nice to see you in action Cecily!

 
At 8:42 pm, December 05, 2011, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed visiting Cecily - I only came across your blog this month. This is a first dip into the world of blogging and already in one month I have experienced the truth of your words. Balance is never easy to find and we probably spend more time criss-crossing it than living it. Best wishes for a peaceful Christmas

 

Post a Comment

<< Home