<$BlogMetaData$

Friday, November 05, 2010

a spoon full of sugar

I'm mixing my metaphors (or musicals), but when Frank and I watched a scratchy old copy of The Sound of Music this evening, it struck me as being quite the spoon full of sugar. (Although it blew my early night right out of the water)

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...
When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favourite things
And then I don't feel so bad.

If that's not cognitive therapy I don't know what is!

To add to the pleasure of it all, I sang along to my heart's content, remembering the crazy Sound of Music sing-a-long I attended in London (waving scraps of fabric and yelling 'look behind you Maria' at the big screen) and movie afternoons dad and mum staged for us, complete with intermissions filled with ice cream and popcorn.

What a lovely evening. Thank you Frank.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 12:20 am, November 06, 2010, Anonymous deevar said...

45th anniversary DVD or Blue Ray out soon! Then it won't be so scratchy... My favorite movie...or was it the leading man? Saw it so many times I almost know it word for word.

 
At 8:15 am, November 06, 2010, Anonymous deanna said...

Aw, very sweet. :o)

 
At 1:07 pm, November 06, 2010, Anonymous 2paw said...

We had a sing-along-a SOM right here at the Princess a few years ago. Sooo much fun!!

 
At 10:13 am, November 07, 2010, Blogger Cherie said...

I love the Sound of Music. My little sister and I had the soundtrack LP record when we were kids. We played it over and over. I can still sing every word. I can imagine your joy, Cecily. Fantastic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home