<$BlogMetaData$

Sunday, March 21, 2010

three things to aim for

The act of putting pen to paper encourages pause for thought, this in turn makes us think more deeply about life, which helps us regain our equilibrium. ~Norbet Platt
Writing, I think, is not apart from living. Writing is a kind of double living. The writer experiences everything twice. Once in reality and once in that mirror which waits always before or behind. ~Catherine Drinker Bowen, Atlantic, December 1957

I haven't been writing much lately and I notice the difference it makes. Time slips by without being marked or remembered. I reflect less, and struggle to engage fully with experiences.

I haven't exercised much the last week or two either, and that definitely makes a difference. My legs ache a lot more and it seems to be harder to get to sleep at night. (Or does that just come with a few more years to my name?!)

I have made it to meditation once this year, and on Friday I am attending a seminar on teaching stillness and silence. I guess if I'm going to teach children to be still, I should do it regularly myself! No doubt there are legion reasons why this would benefit me - I just need to tap into them!

Crazy that I resigned from one of my jobs and still can't find time to do these things... it all comes down to choices I suppose.

This isn't much of a post, but it is a step in the right direction. I've written something. The trick is to write more, exercise more and stop and meditate more! You can all keep me accountable perhaps.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:51 am, March 23, 2010, Anonymous 2paw said...

Good luck with your stillness and silence. Though I struggle always with the whole proper meditation thing, I do find lots of quiet time when we are walking, or when I am just patting a Labrador.
They do day that you should just write. I found that the Blogtober renewed my love for my blog and I ahve been posting much more regularly since then!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home