<$BlogMetaData$

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

why do i always have to be right?

I have a desperate need to be right all the time at the moment. I would like to think this is just a passing phase, but I suspect those who know me well would take pleasure in pointing out I always have a desperate need to be right all the time.

Perhaps I am only over subscribed, tired and on the brink of burn out. That would be preferable to having a serious character flaw I need to face and address.

Whatever the cause, whatever the reason, I don't like it. I don't like myself. I would prefer if I could rise above this unattractive tendency and halt the slide into pugnacity.

Here is the first step: That annual leave time sheet that I KNOW I filled in but my manager is asking me to fill in ready for December? I am going to fill it in again and not even offer a whimper of a sound suggesting I may have already completed it. That shouldn't be too hard. A slight bump to my pride (because I really was organised and reliable and I really did do it when I applied for the leave in the first place!).

Doesn't everything get easier after the first step? Soon I'll be so humble and sure everyone else is right I'll prove all those naysayers wrong while I'm at it. That's the spirit Cecily!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 3:38 am, October 16, 2008, Blogger Cherie said...

Yeah, that's the spirit. But maybe you are right...and then it's hard to be gracious.

I'm so there with you! Same with me.

Sigh...

 
At 6:25 am, October 19, 2008, Blogger Robyn said...

I really struggle when you say things like "I don't like myself" :( Even if you do like to be right(and who doesn't?!), at least you're acknowledging it and working on it. For what its worth I've known you a long time and I never noticed your desire to be right as being more than anybody else...NOT that I'm saying you shouldn't address that if you're feeling challenged about it....but just saying I like you :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home