<$BlogMetaData$

Friday, September 19, 2008

ah... huh?

I have been away and I feel a little disorientated now that I am home again.

In view of my week of being super cook (OK, OK I wasn't really super cook - do you know how hard it is to estimate quantities correctly? But the food tasted OK and the kids were kind so it all worked out OK. Sigh), Frank wants to take me out for dinner tonight. Whoopee! The one proviso is that I not book at the most expensive restaurant in town. That place is too pretentious for me anyway, so I am not bothered by his caveat. Instead I phoned this restaurant to make a booking.

As far as I can tell from their ad, they are open Friday evenings and they do do dinner. But at my request to make a booking I was incredulously told 'we're not open this evening!' as if I was stupid to even consider asking.

It is Friday isn't it? And 7:30pm counts as dinner time doesn't it? What is going on?

Now I am back to scouring the phone book for inspiration on another restaurant serving the particular food I feel like eating tonight. Even better, I might check out this website!

*****

And we're done... Cataract Bistro it is!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 8:13 am, September 20, 2008, Blogger Robyn said...

Hope your dinner was lovely! No wonder you've been hard to catch lately - busy woman! :)

 
At 11:05 am, September 20, 2008, Blogger Pam said...

Don't laugh, but one of our favorite restaurant here is, um, The Outback Steakhouse! They masquerade as an Australian cuisine restaurant, but if I was a betting woman, I'd guess that you don't have any Outbacks there in Australia! Well, at any rate, I hope you had a lovely meal out!
;-)

 
At 8:55 pm, September 23, 2008, Blogger Sandy said...

Oh you picked a good one. All the food on the site looked great though, it's so nice to have a choice!
I went into NYC this past Saturday to dine over our anniversary. NYC has such wonderful choices too. My husband picked the restaurant though, he's good at that stuff.

 
At 2:26 am, September 24, 2008, Blogger Cherie said...

How was it, Cecily?

We have loads of choices, too, and it seems like it'd be much easier if there was only one good place. But it'd be crowded. And there'd be no choice. And what's the fun in that?

Now I'm hungry.

"Tom!!!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home