<$BlogMetaData$

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

oh i get it

I know this is... ah... really obvious, but I figured out why shepherd's pie has lamb in it, not beef.

It was like the moment I realised why car reverse lights are 'white'... because they light your way backwards in the dark. Clever huh?!

For some reason I always made shepherd's pie with beef mince. It was a little disconcerting when I finally found an official recipe for said pie and it called for diced lamb. Lamb? In shepherd's pie? What ever happened to the good old beef mince?

Oh.

Shepherds. Sheep. Lamb. They made the pie with the sheep they looked after?! Now I get it. Clever.

(And on the pantry clearing front, I used a couple of packets of old, old, old (June 2007) two minute noodles. Not in the shepherd's pie of course. In a vegetable stir fry I threw together last week. Maybe I should have taken more notice of the 'best before' date... they were revolting. Then again, they were Home Brand so they may have been revolting to start with...)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:57 am, August 29, 2008, Blogger Sandy said...

Oh Cecily, you get it. Now I get it too! Can't say that I've ever tried it though. Just the whole thought of shepards pie does nothing for me. Is it tasty?

 
At 6:39 pm, August 29, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your pantry clearing example...I have a fave brank of noodles and no others will do!
I am VERY impressed that you are still focused on this pantry clean out...must say though are you still going? How much stuff did you have in there?!?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home