<$BlogMetaData$

Monday, January 14, 2008

two years today



Two years of wedded bliss.

Well truthfully, it hasn't all been wedded bliss, but it surely has been close.

(Now is not the time to tell me we are but babies in the world of marital conjugation and just wait to see how jaded we feel in ten years time. Living wedged between the jaded feelings of our respective parents provided insights galore into possible ways to avoid this state of being. Whatever it takes)

So, two years. What can I say? There are ups and downs, bumpy patches, delights, treasured moments.

For me, I'm learning to relax and capture those treasured moments. You know, blink and you miss them, and if you were worrying about what to cook for tea, or the gunge in the bathroom... well, the moment is gone and it wasn't even a moment. It was just a tick of the clock. So I'm sitting in the marriage and relishing the good things. And thinking about how I contribute to the not so good things. And reaching towards solutions that might help the not so good things become... well... good things. (Call me idealistic)

And Frank? Well, he still doesn't hang the towels straight, or get every speck of food off the dishes but... who gives a heck?! He's the kindest most patient man on earth.

We're happy. Two good years. The rest is inconsequential. (For today, while the sun is shining and the rosebud is blooming... wink)

Update: The coolest thing is that when I popped into town this morning, I visited the cafe operated by the people who hosted our wedding. While sipping my chai I saw my beautician who did my fingernails for the day, and she was talking to the girl who did the flowers! I love living in a small city.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At 1:13 pm, January 14, 2008, Blogger Lauren @ mostly i run said...

Happy anniversary!
Your wedding looks like it was beautiful.

 
At 3:41 pm, January 14, 2008, Blogger lucidiocy said...

Oh! Cecily, you look like a dream! What a stunningly beautiful picture! It brought me to tears, because that picture is one of the most captivating wedding shots I have ever seen.

It should be entered into a contest or something.

Happy Anniversary to you and Frank.

He's a lucky man.

 
At 4:39 pm, January 14, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulation, I hope you have a great day!
Although I can't believe it has already been 2 years. Doesn't time fly when you're having fun!

 
At 1:01 am, January 15, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary to the both of you! Beautiful picture, it looks like a fairytale!

Enjoy the day and enjoy all the wonderful moments you're still to share with each other.

 
At 6:59 am, January 15, 2008, Blogger Cherie said...

Romantic beautiful picture of joy, happiness, and a perfect day!

Thanks for your personal thoughts of your marriage, Cecily. And the update, serendipity at its finest!

Happy Anniversary to you both, Cecily and Frank!!!

 
At 11:43 am, January 15, 2008, Blogger deanna said...

Congratulations, and Happy Anniversary! Beautiful picture.

"So I'm sitting in the marriage and relishing the good things."

With that perspective you will do well during all the years left.

 
At 9:55 pm, January 17, 2008, Blogger Sandy said...

I love this photo Cecily, happy anniversary.

 
At 6:07 pm, March 08, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photo, Cecily! Congratulations on 2 years of wedded "bliss". For what it's worth, the 2 1/2 year mark was very significant for me - all the sudden everything seemed like it wasn't all So Much Work. I mean, it was always work I was willing to do and we were in it for the long haul and did the right thing, but Work it did seem! Then after 2 1/2 years, we just seemed to breathe easier - to know each other better - to have gotten over the sharp edges one is always bumping in the beginning.

It's been 15 years now, and better all the time. I wouldn't trade any minute of it.

~Leah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home