<$BlogMetaData$

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

succumbed

My local hospital is in the midst of a bout of gastroenteritis. You can't enter most wards unless you are a patient, a nurse, a doctor, a close relative. Or John Howard.

OK, I'm lying about John Howard. He didn't venture into the wards - I mean it wouldn't be cool for the Prime Minister to catch gastroenteritis while on an official visit. So he had to forgo the fantastical photo opportunity to stand instead at the main entrance dishing out fists full of money so we'd vote for him in the election.

But I saw through him.
I also caught gastroenteritis.
Probably from that patient who projectile vomited all over his bedcover, narrowly missing me. (Or was it hearing those election promises that made me feel sick? Note to John Howard: I will not be bought)

Anyway. So I'm sick. I started feeling nauseous last Thursday evening, but it didn't progress into any hard (or wet) evidence of gastro. I figured my cast iron constitution was working double time to defend me against the marauding little bugs.

But then I started feeling T.I.R.E.D. and perpetually sick. I went to the anti pulp mill rally with grave fears for my wellbeing... the toilet queue was long. But still no hard evidence. I took Monday off sick just because I felt grotty, worked yesterday and then. at last. I vomited at midnight last night.

I don't know why I was so happy about that. It was most unpleasant. (And that's before I tell you what ended up in my sinuses...) But I did feel somewhat justified - this is no imagined malady. I really am sick!

Still, just in case it was only tiredness and overextension of my brain (watching Dancing with the Stars until 10:30pm may not have been such a brilliant idea), I toddled off to work this morning lest I be caught wagging without reason.

And then I hit a wall. A brick wall. Of absolute exhaustion. And went home. And slept nearly three hours. (Unheard of in the middle of the day) And I've already declared myself sick for tomorrow. And I shall sleep late. Rest lots. Eat little. (I admit, chocolate may not have been the best snack food I could have chosen over the weekend. Or raspberry licorice sticks)

And study. Maybe.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:58 pm, October 10, 2007, Blogger Pam said...

Yes, sleep late, rest lots and, well, good luck on what you choose to eat. That one is always tricky with these gastro-bugs... you never know what was a bad choice until it comes back to haunt you.

Feel better.

 
At 8:49 am, October 12, 2007, Blogger deanna said...

Sorry you're sick! But I know that feeling of justification after letting people know you're tired, etc., to discover that, yes, you really had a reason after all. Now blog to your heart's content, since you can't give us germs!

 
At 6:41 pm, October 12, 2007, Blogger Robyn said...

I'm very sorry you're sick :(
Thank goodness it didn't hit at the rally

 

Post a Comment

<< Home