<$BlogMetaData$

Sunday, September 09, 2007

hair through the ages

I've had a few hairstyles in my time...

Sweet bowl cut...


Big fringe...


Little fringe...



Long hair...



Short hair...



Pefect bob...



Crazy mess...



But in all that time I don't think I've tried anything like this...



In truth I always saw it as poor taste to put your hair up in a pony tail while it was still very short - as if you were impatient for it to grow and had gone to ridiculous lengths to prove you were getting somewhere.

And now?




Well this is the latest look. In Tasmania at least.
And it does cover up a less than perfect cut by the local apprentice... I really must remember to book in advance in order to access the pro cutter! Not that I'm a hairdressing snob or anything.

(Thanks to my Mum for the photographic record of each and every do I ever had... in fact, thanks to my Mum for the majority of the dos!!! ;)

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 5:32 am, September 10, 2007, Blogger Angela said...

wowza! i love it!

that's prety much how i tried to get my hair cut, but no matter what i tell my hair dresser, i end up with a bob. i wear a pony tail to funk it up a bit until i can get a decent job done.

 
At 7:04 am, September 10, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the current 'do! I think it would look great hacked off. :) But then, I'm always jealous of those who can pull off the sassy short hair!

 
At 9:20 am, September 10, 2007, Blogger Lauren @ mostly i run said...

It looks great!

And that was a cute photo essay of your hair through the ages.

I have a few years (1987-1989) that will never be made public!

 
At 12:43 pm, September 10, 2007, Blogger Robyn said...

lol, don't you look demure in the perfect bob shot! :)

 
At 1:30 pm, September 10, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I did my best!! Obviously my photography was better than my hair cutting!! The pics were a trip down memory lane...you [now] have my sympathy...the styles you had to put up with...oh dear! You're still beautiful, whatever the hair cut.

 
At 4:09 pm, September 10, 2007, Blogger Mike S said...

Great photo history your mom kept for you. The new style is almost as attractive as the lovely lass wearing it:)

 
At 4:34 pm, September 11, 2007, Blogger cecily said...

Angela I know what you mean about getting the cut you want - took me ages to work out the lingo for something like this. Try 'chipping' or 'layer here here and here' with gestures to demonstrate where! I don't know... now I've finally found a hairdresser who understands what I want it's a lot easier. The rest all follow. Of course you can use my photo if you want. Hahahaha.

Leah - I'm seriously considering taking this photo in myself and asking for the back to be chopped! I go up and down all the time and I must be coming up for a short phase again. Glad you like. ;)

Thanks for the cool comments... as far as Mum and those hairdos. Well they're good for a laugh, and I don't think I suffered too much for them did I? I'm well adjusted enough!

 
At 12:43 pm, September 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, you are adorable. I love the new do. Great to see pictures of you too!

 
At 12:08 pm, September 14, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well well...
LOVE those photo's!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home