<$BlogMetaData$

Thursday, March 22, 2007

proof the earth is heating up

Al Gore has been trumpeting it from the big screen; scientists have been declaring it in scientific journals for decades; the weather bureau is reporting it, and now I have undeniable proof that the earth is warming up!

It's the 22nd March in Tasmania, and I am sitting with the back door open, wearing shorts and a t-shirt, scuffing around in bare feet.

Unheard of!

In previous years one of my colleagues proudly declared that she never turns her heater on before April, choosing to huddle under a blanket instead. Every time March rolls in, I guiltily turn on my heater, wishing I could be so stoic. Three years ago I distinctly remember being freezing cold in March.

Or was it April? Maybe my friend holds off on the heater until May while I cave in April... hmmm, this is obviously valid and reliable evidence I am presenting to you here.

No matter. The globe is hotting up. March is the month of crisp, cool autumn weather in this corner of the world, and right now it is sunny and warm day after day.

I love summer, but it scares me that summer is lasting longer and longer every year. Please, can't I turn my heater on right now? I really want to.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:48 am, March 23, 2007, Blogger Robyn said...

Its crazy weather at the moment. Last week I was freezing and contemplating winter jammies, this week its been SO hot and humid. Some predictability would be nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home