<$BlogMetaData$

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

am I a cranky person? (that's a rhetorical question)

I don't usually watch TodayTonight but since Naomi Robson is resigning this Friday, my interest was slightly piqued - what desperately important current affairs would she beam into our homes in this her final week? None as it turned out...

...though one item did catch my attention - a report on the 50 most hated politicians and celebrities. What kind of a current affair report is that? Utter rubbish! And what kind of a world do we live in when hate is not just a nasty emotion, but something we encourage and promote and glorify? It was shameful and an indictment on all of us who give TodayTonight its top ratings.

Lest I sound high and mighty and sickeningly moral, I must acknowledge an enormous 'plank in my own eye'. I am a cranky person. Or so I've been told in the last couple of days.

In the spirit of honesty I phoned a friend yesterday to talk about something she said that made me feel quite upset. In a very sharp voice she responded by saying, "To be quite honest Cecily, I never know quite what response to expect from you." The sharp voice kind of confirmed my reason for phoning, but ouch! Ouch!!

When Frank got home I asked him if he thought I was a cranky person. He just stood and looked at me wordlessly - not exactly the response I was hoping for! Since then I have been working hard to be sweet as sweet. It's not too unnatural!

So - a cranky person. And I'm not sure just how to overcome this, since working hard to be sweet as sweet can only last so long. Maybe more sleep? (only 2 more NaBloPoMo posts to go!)

Whatever, I'll be working on it! Stay posted for the new, true me!

5 Comments:

At 10:33 pm, November 28, 2006, Blogger Robyn said...

Naomi Robson is retiring? Maybe that awful program can go with it...although my opinion is purely based on the ads for it so maybe I'm missing something!
I'm sorry about your friend, I hope that you can both make amends. I'm spending a lot of time lately apologising to my girls and Paul for my grouchiness - not good. There's only so much that I can blame on a lack of sleep too. One day at a time, right?

 
At 11:58 am, November 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure that was a rhetorical question?

I could have told you years ago you were a cranky person!!

I could have saved you 23 years of self-examination!!

I'm so sorry!!

Just kidding :-)

We all have our cranky, unpredictable moments. If not provoked, we're fine. So it's always the other person's fault, right?

:-D

 
At 9:02 pm, November 29, 2006, Blogger cecily said...

That means I've 23 years of grief from YOU! It's your fault Luke!!!!

I'm so glad I'm not the only cranky person in the world.

 
At 1:46 pm, December 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My license plate on my car says "IMACRAB"
Embrace your crankiness, I say. I'm only crabby in the morning, and I don't apologize for it... it's who I am. Love me, love my crabbiness.

 
At 9:37 pm, April 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As your new friend I just want you to know I don't find you cranky. I find you funny (- ha! ha!; not funny peculiar), thoughtful, compassionate, kind, sincere, generous, and caring. Maybe that's why I like you? (Rhetorical!) - Jenny

PS Another reason I am leaving this comment because now I know you love comments, and I will never bring chocolate icecream to your house because I don't think Frank is the only one who doesn't like it. Or else it would never have lasted that long!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home