the saga goes on
What on earth happened to our ADSL/phone line? Whatever it was, the problem is still plaguing us.
Today I received a text advising me the new ISP could not connect ADSL on our line because there was a 'fault code' or 'ADSL code' preventing them from proceeding. I would need to contact the previous ISP and ask them to fix the code, then reorder the ADSL service. This left me with a less than good feeling, seeing as two days ago the very same previous ISP told me they couldn't figure out the problem and I would need to look for service somewhere else. I imagine I had buckley's chance of them being able to fix anything.
Sigh, sigh, sigh.
I rang the new provider to clarify the problem before steeling myself to ring the dread incompetent ISP. They were confused. Since the connection couldn't be actioned it looked like I had cancelled an account with them. I gave him the brief version of the last week (nightmare decision to sign with a dud ISP, blah, blah, blah, no internet for over a week etc, etc, etc), and after listening, he thought there could be a way around the issue and promised to phone sales and call me back. Fifteen minutes later I received a text informing me the problem had been fixed and they could proceed with the connection.
Phew - if it really works. I'm not sure I'll hold my breath. But I have it on good advice that this company is good. And I'm not even a paid customer yet and they've potentially fixed a problem created by another company. This is good.
I'm sure you're busting to know how it all pans out, so of course I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, enjoy this one (with thanks to 'Lost at E minor'):
Captures in one why I keep raving on about this.