<$BlogMetaData$

Monday, November 03, 2008

sharpen up

This is incredible - my kitchen knife is sharp again!

I confess I have been too afraid to sharpen my knives with the beautiful knife sharpener Frank's mother bought him long before we were married and I moved in. I don't know, when you see those knives flashing ever so quickly over the steel of the sharpener it looks highly possible to cut one's fingers off. But as I chopped the spring onions tonight, it was slow, slow work. I wondered what I would need to do to chop as quickly as chefs seem to on those TV shows (they don't use fast forward do they?). Then I remembered the knife sharpener, pulled it out, flashed some steel, and hey presto - I cut those spring onions as fast as any chef. Well, maybe not that fast, but it was heaps better than it has been for the last 18 months or so.

This is exciting news. I'm off to sharpen every knife in the house now! In fact, I might advertise in the local paper and see if I can assist other people by sharpening their knives!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 8:08 am, November 04, 2008, Blogger deanna said...

Too bad I have Cutco and they sharpen them for me. ;o) Just do watch out for sharper knives than you're used to. Be careful of the fingers when chopping!

 
At 9:01 am, November 04, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come sharpen mine! They are all blunt!

 
At 11:22 am, November 04, 2008, Blogger Cherie said...

Tom sharpens my knives for me - and every once in awhile he sharpens one that I don't think needs sharpening. There's go my poor skin! OWIE!

But, yes, being careful helps.

You go, girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home