<$BlogMetaData$

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

up up and away

Tomorrow we are off and away to Europe. The bags are (almost) packed and, more importantly, the loose ends are tied.

I've resigned from my nursing ward (not from the hospital - I will start working in the operating theatre soon) due to a gianormous clash of values and a truckload of unhappiness, not to mention bad practice I could no longer tolerate.

My alcoholic friend has gone to rehab and his family is safe.

At the school where I am chaplain, children are more and more comfortable in my presence and I have things in place for a program or two next term.

The house is clean.

I am ready for a holiday and breathing one enormous sigh of relief that everything has come together. Sounds like perfect timing to me!

(I'll post if I can)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 6:34 am, May 22, 2008, Blogger Cherie said...

Have a super fantastic - relaxing!!! - trip, Cecily and Frank.

 
At 1:12 pm, May 22, 2008, Blogger Angela said...

wahoo!!! i'm so excited for you. have fun!

 
At 11:39 am, May 28, 2008, Blogger Sandy said...

Have fun Cecily. It's already days after since you left. I'm thinking about you and wondering where you are right now!

 
At 11:58 am, May 28, 2008, Blogger lucidiocy said...

Cec,

I just received your lovely (and timely) card. I have been down with a terrible cold and was feeling rather sorry for myself, but your encouraging letter and beautiful handwriting cheered me so much!

I love reading your blog. It reminds me that the internal voice shouldn't be shushed or stuffed down-- that introspection is a God-given gift which teaches us to trust our intuition and audit our negativity.

I know it couldn't have been easy to walk away from your job or start something new, but I am glad to know you stuck by your principles and took that step of faith. I know you'll be blessed by it.

I hope you have a wonderful vacation and that you come home feeling revived and renewed.

I will start up my blog again soon.

Coming out of the fog,


Tamar

 

Post a Comment

<< Home