<$BlogMetaData$

Saturday, February 23, 2008

nabbed by the bank

OK, so it wasn't the smartest thing I've done to assume the best of a bank, but I thought if I paid out a loan their computer system would be onto it and consider the loan automatically closed.

No such thing. Last week I received a letter advising me that the repayments on the loan I have with them (that I paid out in November) have increased by $10 a month. Hello, I've paid out that loan, didn't you know? So I phoned them and was informed (rather condescendingly) that I would need to visit my local branch to formally close the loan.

And pay off the $37.58 of accrued monthly fees and interest. Right.

I've been NABbed!

Rest assured the loan is well and truly closed now. And I won't be paying monthly fees and interest on the monthly fees for the remaining five year life of the loan. What a relief!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 3:13 am, February 25, 2008, Anonymous Loes (formerly known as Dublin City Girl ;0) ) said...

Yes, banks are really not as smart as you'd think them to be. Really incredible sometimes. I've learned to assume the worst when dealing with them...

 
At 7:33 pm, February 26, 2008, Blogger Mike S said...

One of the hardest lessons to learn is how to choose a good bank that has your interests in mind as well as theirs. Hint: they're generally small, have great people, and make more $$$ for their size than their bigger counterparts:)

 
At 6:27 am, February 27, 2008, Blogger Robyn said...

Common sense would require too much effort, right?!

 
At 10:15 pm, March 03, 2008, Blogger mountainmama said...

They (those that NABbed you) did exactly the same thing to me a few years ago! I had a few choice words as I finalised all my remaining business with them, closed my everyday accounts etc. Their attitude to the whole business sucked, frankly.
Mike is right - go small. I've been with a local credit union, and they are generally great - fantastic personal customer service, much lower fees, and no sign of any hanky panky.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home