<$BlogMetaData$

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

the blanket is off

We still haven't hit 20 degrees Celsius (68F) in this part of the world. And tonight it is supposed to sink to 1 degree C (34 F)...

...but I have planted my seeds (a bit late, but fingers crossed they grow in time) - eggplant, asparagus and tomato. No zucchinis this year. I still can't even bear to buy one. I'll go and buy a few other seedlings on the weekend and hopefully get them in the garden soon.

And the native plants in my garden are flowering furiously.

Spring is here. I know it is, even if the temperature doesn't seem to say so.

So I took the blanket off the bed. Stuck with the flanno sheets though. I'll not be caught on a frosty night without the flannos!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 2:20 am, October 17, 2007, Blogger Lauren @ mostly i run said...

I just put the blanket back on last night!

Even though we're still getting nearly up to 80F this week, it's getting cold enough overnight that the house is chilly!

 
At 8:00 am, October 17, 2007, Blogger Robyn said...

I'm finding the weather so frustrating at the moment. It was 32 yesterday but only supposed to hit 21 today. Thank goodness for layers!

 
At 2:48 am, October 18, 2007, Blogger Pam said...

And here we are in this hemisphere digging out blankets and sweaters... I even turned on the heat for the first time this week. Brrr!

 
At 9:03 am, October 20, 2007, Blogger Mike S said...

Not heater time here as yet, but the water in the plant pot on the porch froze solid last night. Usually wait until the days get to 48F\9C for the daily high before we engage the 'heat suppliers'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home