<$BlogMetaData$

Monday, October 29, 2007

australian idol baby

Where there's a will there's a way, or so the saying goes. I'm trying to put the wisdom of this to good effect for starring on Australian Idol. (Drat those idol delusions - I just can't seem to put them to bed)

I'm two years over the magical cut off age, so there'll be no fair dinkum competition from me, but I think I might have discovered a loop hole that could see me going all the way to the Opera House to perform in Australian Idol - the 'My Mum Rocks' comp.

It's easy. If you think your mum can sing, you nominate her (or does she nominate herself, because that would be even better?!), she has a sing-off with a gaggle of other mothers in the local shopping centre before the best mama heads to Sydney to perform at the final. Perfect plan, no?!

I figure I have a year to produce a child in order to qualify for the 'mum' bit for 2008 and then I'll be set. OK, maybe two years in order for the child prodigy to master the computer skills necessary to enter me. Oh alright. Five years.

I really do need to deal with those delusions after all - it is painfully obvious that this plan won't work either.

I will settle for my small life.
I will settle for my small life.
I will settle for my small life.
I will settle for my small life.

Oh what a load of bollocks! I like my life. I like being me. I am happy to remain small and inconsequential but real, for this is of more value than fame and fortune.

But doesn't Australian Idol play on all those base instincts of ours? Pride, delusions of grandeur, self absorption. (Keep thinking like this and might be able to kill the desire for Idol fame once and for all)

UPDATE: My Mum emailed me yesterday and said that as she read this she was imaging me nominating her for the "My Mum Rocks" competition. She even sounded excited by the prospect. So I'm not the only one harbouring delusions of grandeur!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 11:04 am, October 30, 2007, Blogger Pam said...

Maybe you could post a You Tube clip of yourself singing and all of your readers could vote. You'd win for sure! Of course, you wouldn't win anything tangible; just the knowledge that you were the Australian (Blog) Idol -- you could carry that in your heart forever.

 
At 11:18 am, October 30, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See...Pam wants you to do a Youtube thing too! Come on Cecily, do it!

There are other programs you could consider. Have you seen this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oxTy7KIAaA

 
At 4:33 am, October 31, 2007, Blogger Cherie said...

Watching your mind do battle with itself was interesting and entertaining, Cecily.

Here's the rub: "But doesn't Australian Idol play on all those base instincts of ours? Pride, delusions of grandeur, self absorption."

This is the gem of wisdom in it: "I am happy to remain small and inconsequential but real, for this is of more value than fame and fortune."

Good post.

 
At 7:48 am, October 31, 2007, Blogger Robyn said...

So thats where you get it from..... :)
Maybe you and your Mom could do a double act?

 
At 2:46 pm, October 31, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I personally have stopped watching Idol because my favourite has gone. I think that you would definately have won this year if you were on Idol Cecily!!!

 
At 12:50 pm, November 01, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was lyndsay's favourite Ben by any chance? It has become a whole lot more boring since his departure ...

 
At 9:46 pm, November 03, 2007, Blogger ruddygood said...

I'd LOVE to go on Idol, except that a) I'm too old, and b) much as it pains me to admit, I can't sing! (If I could ask for one talent, that would be it!)
So, if you've got it, flaunt it, girl! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home