<$BlogMetaData$

Friday, April 23, 2010

a big unravelling

I've been knitting a lot lately, a pleasant spin off of working less. I get all the little jobs done during the day and can chill out in the evening. In the last five weeks I have knitted the front and sleeves of a jumper for Frank.

Alack alas, the front has good tension, as do the sleeves... but the back I knitted last September was far too loose. I'm pretty sure I used to knit tightly, then I changed the way I hold the needles and suddenly my tension became loose. It's much more efficient to knit the new way, but the jumper back was way oversized as I adjusted my gauge.

So today I gritted my teeth and did it... frogged, unravelled, pulled apart the back while Frank quietly wept. The jumper he thought was days away is once again weeks away.

Me? I found it strangely therapeutic, although I dread the thought of reknitting a whole back... I won't be making this a habit! For now I'm giving myself a 'big grey jumper' break and starting a red alpaca scarf for myself, to add a bit of colour to life.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:39 pm, April 23, 2010, Anonymous 2paw said...

I unravelled too, yesterday. I am not happy but I am showing great forbearance!! Enjoy your scarf!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home