<$BlogMetaData$

Monday, June 25, 2007

serious chocaholic issues

I can't stop eating chocolate. We're not talking small amounts. If the average Australian eats 10 kilograms of chocolate a year (and according to Cadbury we do), then I eat at least twice the average. Maybe three times.

So yesterday I declared a chocolate free day. It was painful, I tell you. The previous night I had asked Frank to keep me accountable, so every time I wanted chocolate I asked Frank if he would mind. Of course he did mind, and he went to great pains to remind me of my chocolate free decision.

What was I think suggesting a whole day free of chocolate? Madness. I confess (and please don't tell Frank this), that I cooked him a cake with 90g of dark chocolate in it. As I broke the chocolate up into smaller pieces ready for melting, there were some small slivers not worth adding to the larger quantity. So I snuck them into my mouth. But they were so small I don't think they really count. Do they?

Anyway, after my almost success of yesterday, I've decided to attempt an up and down chocolate diet - one day I eat as much as I can, the next I eat none. Thanks to Paige for the idea.

So today I ate chocolate (in fact I'm going to go and eat more now since I am not allowed any tomorrow)... and tomorrow I won't. I'll have this chocaholism licked before you know it!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 4:47 am, June 26, 2007, Blogger Cherie said...

Let us know if it works!

(You make me smile, Cec.)

 
At 12:04 pm, June 26, 2007, Blogger lucidiocy said...

Chocolate is my antidepressant.

My husband practically force feeds it to me when I'm grumpy.

Me: Jeff?! Why did you wash the red towels with my bluejeans, after I've asked you 30,000 times not to?! Are you trying to drive me insane???!

Jeff: I'm sorry honey, here's some dark chocolate.

Me: That's not going to work this ti-(KRWOULFMPH)

Me: mmmmmm.

Me: Baby, you're the greatest.

 
At 10:03 am, June 27, 2007, Blogger Cherie said...

Lucidiocy, you crack me up.

 
At 1:15 am, June 28, 2007, Blogger deanna said...

All I can say, to anyone coming near my chocolate for a day, is just set it down, back up slow, and walk away clean. Now.

;o)

 
At 4:06 pm, June 28, 2007, Blogger Robyn said...

Good luck with that :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home