<$BlogMetaData$

Monday, May 21, 2007

bessie the boy sheep

It turns out that Bessie the sheep is not a Bessie after all. Or Betsie, or any other slightly feminine name you might suggest.

Betsie is a boy. I discovered this when he peed in front of me. From his stomach.

At this point I observed some heretofore unnoticed appendages.

Since then Bessie... ur... Bertie... ur... the boy sheep... has been noted chasing Blackie wildly around the yard like a ram in a vain attempt to hump her. For he isn't a ram, he's a whether, long since castrated.

So the search is on for a new name for Bessie the boy sheep. Look at his beautiful face...



... I said his face! Not his appendages! Poor boy.

Any names come to mind? I need suggestions here!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 10:24 pm, May 21, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Bert, and Bob maybe! I'm sorry about the zucchini. Look at the bright side, now you don't have to clean up all those messy plants! I'd watch your outside furniture though. If they get hungry enough you could start loosing other things.

 
At 5:46 am, May 22, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think he looks like a Linus.

 
At 9:07 am, May 22, 2007, Blogger Cherie said...

What a pretty little sheepy! Er, uh, I mean, handsome.
Looks like a Clive to me.

 
At 2:24 pm, May 22, 2007, Blogger Robyn said...

Gary? I don't know why a sheep would look like a Gary but thats what he looks like to me. You could go for the lame option and name him "Baahrney" :)

 
At 12:33 pm, May 23, 2007, Blogger Angela said...

maybe something that could swing either way like the little ol' sheep, um, maybe kelly or sandy or jo? although, i think he looks like a guy i know named, mark.

 
At 12:32 pm, May 24, 2007, Blogger cecily said...

(Clearing throat in preparation for important speech) UhHumm. Thankyou all for your worthy suggestions in the 'name that sheep' competition. After much careful consideration and deliberation, a choice has been made by Frank, part owner of said sheep.

Without further ado, the winner is:





Clive!

Congratulations to Cherie on the winning entry. And thankyou to you all for making this such a worthy competition.

(I don't know... I told Frank the nominations, and Clive just stuck. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home