<$BlogMetaData$

Sunday, July 30, 2006

blogging fame

An average life, no children to photograph and quote... what's there to write about that? What niche can I carve in a sea of blogs that might draw worldwide readers to my virtual doorstep?

Since setting up this site, I've been doing quite a lot of research about blogs - suggested topics, naming a blog, titling a post for highest readership. The aim of the game is not to simply journal your life on line for interested family and friends - the goal is to attract readers; to do everything you can to draw the attention of the masses; to have so many comments logged that you must purchase more storage space on your servers hard drive.

I've only just launched myself into the blogosphere and I'm realising how many mistakes I've already made.

  1. For one, I've used 'blogspot' instead of building my own site ("serious bloggers don't use 'blogspot' - it's a sure sign that the writer is a novice and the blog is not worth reading").
  2. Why, oh why did I call my site "happy chatter" - it simply doesn't provide enough interest to grab any random reader's attention (in addition to that I feel compelled to chat happily even if I'm not happy. Which right now I am, so it's OK).
  3. And I really must find something meaningful to write about, that contributes to universal knowledge.
  4. And a unique template would set me apart from others, drawing further interest.

Oh dear... it is unlikely that I will ever achieve blogging fame!

Doesn't stop me trying though! I have started learning some basic template programming. I'm wracking my brain for interesting things to write. I might even learn how to build my own webpage so I can leave 'blogspot' behind (that will probably take ten years to achieve!)... things are looking up.

Soon I will be a professional blogger! So stay alert and ready for all the new developments on this ever changing blog!

hahaha

1 Comments:

At 6:08 pm, July 31, 2006, Blogger Robyn said...

Oh dear, I think I flunked the criteria totally! Lucky I'm not too worried :) I'm impressed with you setting up your webpage!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home