<$BlogMetaData$

Monday, January 01, 2018

Happy New Year!

After four years of neglect, I am still able to access my blog account.  Piles of spam aside, keeping the same email address and mobile number has worked for me on this occasion. 

Hello happy chatter, and welcome back to the world of blogging.

It remains to be seen how long I stick with this, but one of my intentions for 2018 is to get back into writing.  I've missed it.  A personal journal might be a better place for most of my jumbled thoughts, but I like writing with readers in mind, so I'm officially kicking off again.

And since it's new year, here are some of my other intentions:

- have a go at yoga (a suitably broad intention - even if I just watch one YouTube vid... I've had a go)
- use less plastic (I've gotten a bit slack in this department.  I plan to sew some calico bags and get serious about reducing my plastic bag usage)
- clear out stuff from the recesses of my mind our overflowing cupboards
- practice more self-compassion (my revelation of 2017.  I want more to be revealed)
- mark the progress of time and the effect of life more deliberately (write, write, write...)
- be a nicer person

I'm sure a few other intentions have formed in my mind over the last few days, but alas, I have forgotten them.  They'll come to me again...  maybe by the time they do, I will have already worked my way through the above list.  (Kidding - that cupboard clearing is going to take all year at my pace)

Anyway, Happy New Year.  May 2018 be productive and fruitful and uplifting.

3 Comments:

At 5:19 pm, January 01, 2018, Blogger 2paw said...

Welcome back to blogging! That’s s good list of intentions, and very realistic ways of achieving them. Happy New Year!!

 
At 10:44 pm, January 01, 2018, Blogger cecily said...

Thank you 😊 I think comments like this might help me stick at it. Happy New Year C!

 
At 7:51 pm, January 02, 2018, Blogger 2paw said...

Oh thank you. It is nice to see you on the internet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home