<$BlogMetaData$

Saturday, July 04, 2009

the best little place in tasmania

This is my ninth year of living in Tasmania, and I'm still trying to pinpoint my favourite location. Last month I swear I found it... at least until the next trip!

We decided to spend a quiet winter's weekend in Mole Creek. It might not sound like the most attractive destination, but this little hamlet tucked in between two gentle mountain ranges is a real gem. Only forty five minutes from home, we entered a parallel universe of slow moving time, wood-fired cottages, untouched nature and home made bread. There were soggy pub meals, fog, mist, dells and vistas. The perfect antidote to traffic and grime. (not that we have too much to complain about on that point, but grime comes in a variety of forms I suppose)

It was a beautiful, relaxing weekend and here are the pics to prove Mole Creek is worthy of being counted amongst Tassie's best.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 12:52 am, July 07, 2009, Blogger Sandy said...

This sure is beautiful Cecily. The waterfalls and mountains, the weather looked nice and cool too.

 
At 8:30 am, July 07, 2009, Blogger gemma @ loz and dinny said...

I really agree with you - we ended up having a very late lunch in Mole Creek after a day of meandering and thought that it was a little hidden gem! So so beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home